Aqaba is easily accessible from around the world by air, land and sea. There are many flights from all major airports to Amman the capital of Jordan or direct to King Hussein International Airport in Aqaba like Royal Jordanian, Turkish Airlines, Ryan Air and Easy Jet. To book your flight direct to Aqaba, please visit:
You can also access Aqaba from Israel overland across south Wadi Araba Crossing Border. The option is also available to travel via ferry or speedboat from Taba and Nuweiba in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula to Aqaba .
Procedures through South Wadi Araba Crossing Border
- Please fill out the Manifest form and verify it from the Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority liaison office (Window No. 13). Take two copies of the manifest and proceed to (Window No. 8) to stamp the manifest and your passport.
- Please keep your verified manifest to be submitted upon departure from south Wadi Araba Crossing Border.
- When visiting Petra, Please keep your entry ticket with you and make sure your manifest is stamped by Petra Ticket Office.
- The below fees will not be charged upon departure from south Wadi Araba Crossing Border in the case of spending two consecutive nights in Jordan.
- In the case of visiting Petra and not spending two consecutive nights in Jordan, (40) JOD for manifest verification will be paid upon departure from south Wadi Araba Crossing Border.
- In the case of not spending two consecutive nights in Jordan and not visiting Petra, (60) JOD for manifest verification and service fees will be paid upon departure from south Wadi Araba Crossing Border.
- In the case of departing from any Jordanian crossing border other than South Wadi Araba Crossing Border, the procedures of the departing border will be applied.
- Israeli nationality holders are excluded from the (overnight stay for two nights) conditions and tariffs required. While all other related regulations are applicable at Wadi Araba Crossing Border. Other border crossing points’ rules and regulations will apply.